Monday, April 2, 2012

More Fun Than Wiping Someone’s Tushy?

When I was trying to find out what types of blogs are available to new parents, I came across a blog called rookie moms. I love the tagline that they have under the title “more fun than wiping someone’s tushy.”  And after looking over the blog I do find it that is a fun blog. 

This blog is created from two friends, Heather and Whitney, who had babies around the same time. They found out that they were bored during the day while they were home taking care of their new babies (understandable). Therefore, they decided to create a blog to share their inspiration and adventures with other moms. Today they have over 5,500 followers. One of the features that I like about this blog is they have different age categories for their posts. When you arrive at their blog, you are able to access information from 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-9 months, 10-12 months, toddler, and even preschool.

 I clicked on 1-3 months and the information they provide varies. They provide fun tips and easy to do projects. They also provide their personal experiences that they have had with each of their babies. I liked this blog because they discussed serious concerns and provided help. They also provide fun activity ideas. One idea that I thought sounded fun would be to have an ugly baby clothes contest. I have heard of an ugly tie or ugly sweater contest but never an ugly baby clothes contest. For this idea they say to invite others who have babies to join the contest. Give out funny or fun prizes to the winners. This would be something fun that one could do to break up the day and it would not cost a lot of money. They have made their activity ideas into a book titled The Rookie Mom’s Handbook: 250 Activities to Do with (or without) Your Baby. They also have a book called Stuff Every Mom Should Know,that offers advice on things from swaddling an infant to throwing birthday parties. In addition, they had fun things for new parents to do, to make sure that they keep “sane.” This blog is merely a fun blog; even though it has some, it is not one that has a lot of researched educational information. However, they do have a lot of fun ideas and I feel that it is necessary to be able to find fun things to do with your infant. I think that this blog is one to help stay at home moms (or dads), especially if they are looking for new things to do. 
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. This blog sounds so cool. I remember what it was like with little ones and it gets a little boring. Thank you for sharing this blog.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rookie moms sounds like a great blog! I'm not a mom, but my friend has a one year old and I know that she is always looking for things to do with her little one to keep "sane". I will definitely be recommending this blog to her! Thanks!
    -Teresa

    ReplyDelete